This Three Little Pigs bundle of literacy activities features CCSS aligned activities such as research project, an emergent reader, opinion writing, and more. Your class is sure to love it!
1. An emergent reader book using many common sight words. Book is made with two of the same pages on one paper to help with ease of copying and assembly.
2. A "First, Next, Last" sequencing activity with big, colorful houses from the story. Students may also use this as an art project and place straw, sticks, and "bricks" on the houses in order.
3. A story sequence simple writing activity
4. A writing word bank with common words from the book and colorful pictures for each word. I found this amazingly helpful because students knew where to find the words in the room. There were no more "How do you spell..." interuptions.
5. A pig rhyming sheet
6. A writing response (opinion piece) "What was your favorite part of The Three Little Pigs?"
7. Pig Fact response sheets (3 of these). These can be used after reading informational text on pigs or conducting a simple research project.
8. Nonfiction response sheet "Pigs Are...Pigs Have...Pigs Can..."
9. Write or draw three reasons why The Three Little Pigs is a fictional story
10. Wolf Character Map
11. Three Little Pigs Word Search
Enjoy reading, writing, learning, and discovering with these activities. Have fun teaching!
Clip art provided by teachingthirdingeorgia. Her store is at This is a series of seperate CCSS aligned activities to go along with The Three Little Pigs.
You are sure to learn and enjoy with this classic tale!
Cute clip art is provided by http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Three-Little-Pigs-Freebie-Clip-Art-Set-Commercial-Use