Story writing structured into three parts - Orientation, Complication and Resolution. Pictures provide a visual prompt for sentence writing. This story is about a cat.
There are three pages of writing prompts:-
1. Visual prompts with scaffold lines for writing sentences.
2.Visual prompts with story connectives and scaffold lines for writing sentences.
3. Visual prompts with story connectives, scaffold lines and additional prompts about the character's feelings.
How to use
1. Children within one educational setting may be provided with the same activity and given one of the three pages according to the assistance they require.
2. These sheets may be used with an individual child during a therapy session to assist with story writing. eg. During one block of therapy the therapist may concentrate on stories with connective words provided and in the next block they may concentrate on the addition of feelings.
3. At home, these writing prompts may be use to support educational and therapy goals.