If you are trying to support your literary elements lessons with literary analysis this resource may be just the thing you need. Teach theme, tone and mood, plot, character traits, point of view, figurative language, setting, compare and contrast, genre features, open-ended questions, context vocabulary, and more. Perfect for grades 4-8.
This resource includes:
• A 70-page student novel study guide which includes graphic organizers/practice worksheets for all the literary elements listed above, questions for each chapter, vocabulary for each chapter, a writing piece at the completion of the novel, and a table of contents to keep it all organized.
• Convenient teacher answer sheets for every page.
• Mystery Genre Features (Student sheet to keep track of them as they are found in the novel.
• Setting (With a compare and contrast of Tupelo Landing and a big city)
• Theme (With a sheet for students to find themes throughout the novel.)
• Point of View (With a sheet for practicing identifying point of view and a point of view section connecting to the novel.)
• Figurative Language (With a sheet for explanation and student practice)
• Tone and Mood (With a sheet explaining the difference and allowing for student practice.)
• Flashback and Foreshadowing (With a sheet explaining and student practice.)
• Plot (With a sheet for explaining and a graphic organizer for students' tracking of plot points.)
• Character (With a sheet explaining different types of characters such as protagonist, antagonist, dynamic, static and student practice.)
• Character Traits (With a sheet on how to identify character traits and student practice.)
• Open-ended chapter questions for all 29 chapters
• Context vocabulary practice including page numbers of where the word can be found for all 29 chapters
• A writing activity from the perspective of the unknown mother.
If you like this resource, you might also like these:
Tissue Box Biographies
Laundry Line Book Reviews
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Click on the ★ to follow my store!
If you enjoy this product, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for future purchases at my store or any other store on TPT!
If you have questions or problems please contact me through product Q & A so I can help.