This sorting activity is a fun, hands-on, and interactive way to practice recognizing all three types of ratios: part-to-part, part-to-whole, and rates.
This will be a fun change of pace for your 5th, 6th, or 7th grade math class!
Easy, no-prep activity! Just print and go!
Comes with a short lesson and an answer key!
- What is a rate? – Explanation and Examples
- What is a part-to-whole ratio? – Explanation and Examples
- What is a part-to-part ratio? – Explanation and Examples
- How do you know if the ratio is part-to-part, part-to-whole, or a rate?
- Student Worksheet – 20 cards to cut out, sort and paste on worksheet. – Sorting part-to-part ratios, part-to-whole ratios, and rates.
- Student Worksheet Answer Key
- 20 Large Cards (from the student worksheet) – cut out, laminate & use year after year.
Option 1: Print the worksheet on page 8 and distribute to students. Have them cut out the pieces, sort them, and glue the pieces on the worksheet.
Option 2: Print the cards on page 10. Make enough copies for your purposes. Laminate and cut them out. Store the cards in plastic bags. Use as an individual or group activity during class.
Before you buy, note that this product is part of my bundle, Two Ratio Sorting Activities - Cut, Sort and Paste