★★★★Family Unit! This 3-week unit includes all the resources needed for relevant and deep student learning, all with step by step teacher instructions. This is a great unit for students to reflection and acquire the skills and knowledge needed to foster an appreciation for the family unit.
• Will this program be easy to teach? Yes! All content is organized for easy teacher and student use. Provided is a day by day outline listing teacher and student goals each day and you will get a "what to print" list for the unit. The zip folder of documents is labeled 1-12 in order of use for easier organization.
• Will the lessons be effective for my students? Yes! This unit has been teacher and student tested! I have taught and reworked lessons for highest learning.
• What if I need to change a lesson? No problem! Several documents and both PowerPoints are editable allowing for personalization as desired.
• Will my students like this program? Students love this program, and students who like what they’re learning are more likely to choose to actually use what they learned outside the classroom.
• What sets this curriculum apart from others? This unit includes a great combination of discussion, reflection, internalization, activities, projects, stations, and notes. The variety helps students to stay engage and participate in their learning.
★★★★Here are the learning topics within this unit:
-family changes and roles
★★★★Here are SOME of the ways students will show their learning:
-nonfiction reading and discussion
-notes and discussion
-problem trail for formative assessment
-interview for deeper perspective
-stations for discussion and reflection
-nonfictions text analysis
-compare and contrast families then and now
-quizzes and test
- everything ready to print!
- detailed teacher organization and timeline tools
-zip drive documents are organized 1-12 in the order you will use them in
- two powerpoint presentations with content
****both presentation are available on Nearpod.com! Highly suggested: email me for an editable copy of the Nearpod presentations. These Nearpod presentations have questions, prompts, etc throughout and increase student engagement! I am not a Nearpod author so I cannot post for public access, but can share via email.Students love Nearpod and you will find that they are more attentive, engaged, and willing to participate in discussion.
- two easy to implement activities
- one station activity
-student note packet
-options to edit some materials
-some assignments could be given on paper or digitally
-some assignments require internet and computer use
Please email me with any questions!
Like this resource? Please provide feedback!