Games are in a nine-question grid in the format of the game Tic Tac Toe. Each square has a math question related to Fractions. There are a total of 12 games and 12 answer keys. The Tic Tac Toe games are designed to be solved in the traditional format of player vs. player or as a way to reinforce cooperative learning skills, students can work together in teams to solve the problems. This activity is useful for review of skills related to fractions and vocabulary for Fourth Grade. It is best used as a quick pacer or transition activity. It can be used at the beginning of class to activate prior knowledge or at the end as a review. In addition, each slide can be printed individually and used as a formative assessment on a particular standard.
A printable game board can be found on the last 2 slides (print front to back) for partner play. For students to work individually on the problems, just print the desired slide.
Games include the following skills:
• Equivalent Fractions with model drawings
• Equivalent fractions with numbers
• Comparing fractions, >, <, =
• Addition of fractions
• Subtraction of fractions
• Fraction vocabulary (fraction, benchmark fraction, simplest form,
denominator, numerator, equivalent, improper, whole, mixed
number or mixed fraction)
• Addition and subtraction of fractions
• Word Problems: addition and subtraction of fractions
• Multiplication of a fraction by a whole number
• Word Problems: Multiply fractions by a whole number
• Addition of fractions with denominators of 10 and 100.
Directions are included in the PowerPoint for playing as a cooperative game (whole class), traditional option (two players) or as an independent activity (individual use).