Tier 2 Vocabulary: Context Clues Task Card Activities (Great for Test Prep)
- Google Apps™
This mega set of 230 READY TO USE vocabulary word task cards are chosen from careful analysis of past standardized tests and academic vocabulary to teach the non-content words in test questions. These allow students to infer the meaning of the words from the sentences and pictures on each card, and ask them to create a sentence of their own using the vocabulary word. These cards work well as daily warm-ups, exit tickets, an early finisher activity, a station activity, or anywhere else that you would use task cards.
These "Tier 2" Vocabulary words often throw students off when reading, but students' confidence really increases when they are familiar with these words, and it helps them across all subject areas. These are also great for ESL students, or students who simply are reading below grade level and need to build up key vocabulary terms.
Why use digital?
- Save time - no printing and cutting
- Colorful and engaging to students
- Lots of options: Can be used instantly on the board, or on devices
- Use technology
- Access Anywhere
- Save automatically - no more lost papers!
Teacher instructions are given for use in Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or many other digital platforms. Included are detailed directions to share to many commonly used school apps and platforms.
More details on the use of this product and the results are given at my blog posting at
Action Research Preliminary Data
Common Core Alignment:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RST.6-8.4 Determine the meaning of symbols, key terms, and other domain-specific words and phrases as they are used in a specific scientific or technical context relevant to grades 6–8 texts and topics.
**All pictures, graphics, and artwork in our lessons are either purchased legally for use or are created by Science in the City**
- The purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
You may also be interested in:
Writing a Position Paper or Logical Argument
Science Book Project with Choices
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Science in the City Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook