Set of 6 activities for German students learning animal vocabulary, as well as a vocabulary list for students.
- Crossword puzzles where students write the descriptions
- Berliner Zoo questions (students answer questions using the Berliner Zoo website)
- Writing a letter to parents about getting a pet
- Group skit about breaking out of a zoo (rubric included)
- Socratic Seminar about animal rights (based on a Rubric by Angelika Becker and Laura King)
- Tiere der Welt - project for students
These activities are designed for a German 3 class, but can be modified for German 2 classes (though this may require more scaffolding for assignments like the Socratic Seminar).