This slideshow will lead your students through a variety of activities to be able to create successful repeating pattern block printed artworks. The slideshow includes:
- Introduction to block printing and the tools and materials associated with this art form as well as a brief intro to other forms of printmaking (intaglio, lithography, silkscreen)
- Name stamp mini-project to get students used to drawing a design, transferring to the block, carving and printing.
- Stylizing imagery so it can easily be cut out of linoleum as well as studio activity to practice drawing stylized imagery.
- Basic pattern design and discussion of symmetry
- Cultural inspiration of repeating patterns from around the globe
- How to plan design and transfer, carve and print final design
- Lots of stunning student examples
This resource works best along with Tile Pattern Printmaking Handout, Outline & Materials List - Look for the bundle to get all of these at a discounted rate!
See how this and other lessons are used in my classroom on Instagram @artfulideasclassroom