Also included in
- SAVE 20%!! This growing bundle is focused on biographies of professional theater artists and their growth mindsets. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips.$11.20$14.00Save $2.80
- BUNDLE save 25%!! Here are 43 lessons (1,055 pages) with research and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or$170.00$225.25Save $55.25
- SAVE 10% This GROWING bundle contains biography lessons concerning Broadway musical composers! Two different formats are available--one is a newspaper and the other is presented as a select group of questions (no two set of questions are alike) focused on the composer's life, achievements and journ$20.70$23.00Save $2.30
This lesson and one-pager assignment is focused on Tim Minchin actor, comedian, singer and songwriter of Matilda and Ground Hog Day. The student researches questions about his life, the journey to the stage and Broadway, and various accolades he has received while practicing growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs her life. This lesson takes sixty to ninety minutes to complete. #DistanceLearning#TPT
A teacher could assign this lesson for distance learning students as well.
Many teachers combine this biography with other Dramamommaspeaks of actors Lin Manuel Miranda, actor Denzel Washington, actresses Audra McDonald and Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee. Or they tie it to a lesson about the Tony Awards: Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
In addition, these bios. are a great springboard for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
This product includes:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One-pager example of assignment
- Sources including three links to videos of Minchin's work on Matilda, Ground Hog Day and a vocal performance
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. This is an example of what I mean.
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"Absolutely loved this resource and it tied in nicely with our excursion to see a production. "
"This resource greatly added to my fractured fairy tale theatre unit! Thank you!"
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.