Telling TIME to the hour and half hour has never been more fun and engaging. Students will learn how to tell time through activities, games, cut/paste worksheets, center activities, and assessments. There are several activities included. Check out the preview to get a glimpse of all of the activities.
1. "FACE" Time- This is a sorting game that can be used during small group or centers. There are two different sorts. TRUE/FALSE- students look at digital and analog clocks and determine if they are the same time or not. HOUR/HALF HOUR- using the true cards, students can sort the time by hour and half hour. There are 5 worksheets to accompany these word sorts.
2. Once upon a TIME…- There are three classic fairy tale books for the students to read and find the matching times that each event happens in the book. They cut/paste the clocks into their books. The books include Goldilocks and The Three Bears, Little Red Riding Hood, and The Three Little Pigs. The books are written at about a middle of first grade level. There is a worksheet to go along with each story for students to go back into the book and find out the times of different events from the stories and write them on their worksheet.
3. TIME of my life…- This is a book that students can write down the times (both digital and analog) of the activities that occur throughout their school day. You can pick and choose what pages and the order you want to put them in depending on your school day.
4. Race Against Time- There are two different games where the students can match analog and digital times as well as the word phrases o’clock, and half past. Directions for each game are included.
5. Spring Time- This is a Write the Room activity. Three different versions can be used including Time to the Hour, Time to the Half Hour, and Time to the Hour and Half Hour mixed.
6. Assessments- There are six different assessment worksheets where the students have to read the analog clock and write the digital time.
These activities meet Common Core State Standards requirements:
Don't forget- leaving feedback earns you TPT credits toward free TPT purchases!
FOLLOW ME to be notified when new resources are uploaded AND I offer 50% off my products for the first 48 hours. It pays to follow.
ROCK YOUR LITERACY BLOCK!
JD's Rockin' Readers