Time capsules are a great end of year activity!! The best time capsule has student, parent, and teacher involvement. This time capsule enables you to do all of that! Give your students an end of year gift that they will treasure for years to come! Imagine how excited they will be when they open the capsule as an adult! The Time Capsule unit provides several areas for the students to utilize their literacy skills.
This Time Capsule unit includes the following:
• Home Letter – to introduce parents to the Time Capsule activity.
• This Was Me In… – Draw and color of representation of themselves as they are today.
• Penny Poem – Acrostic Poem for a Penny.
• This Is Me! – Questionnaire for the students to fill out regarding their current lives.
• When I Grow Up Interview – Questionnaire for the students to fill out regarding their hopes and dreams for the future.
• My Hands May Be Small – Trace or use paint to display a handprint.
• This Is Me In 15 Years – Draw and color a picture of how they believe they will look in 15 years.
• Dear Future Me – Letter head for the students to write a letter to their future self.
• Teacher Letter – Prewritten letter from the teacher that can be printed out and included inside the capsule.
• Letter Head Template – Blank letter head for parents, students, or teachers.
• Congratulations Certificate – To be printed out and used as an award or diploma.
• Time Capsule Labels – Labels to place on the outside of the Time Capsule.