Students love to see how they have changed since the beginning of the school year! Just remember to return the envelopes at the end of the year (a student will probably remind you), and your class will be amused when opening their time capsules!
I like to change up the questions, so here is the EDITABLE version.
Almost always a student says, "These questions are personal", and I tell them that they do not have to answer the questions at all (or even complete the activity), but that no one will see their answers.
Looking for activities for the first week of school? Check out this time capsule worksheet!
What do you need for the activity?
- tape measures (I prefer the cloth tape measures to metal ones; students can share)
- scales (I only had one; students can share)
- time capsule worksheet (2 pages)
- security envelopes (enough for all of your students)
- stickers (optional for extra security)
Have a wonderful first week of school!