This Time Capsule Activity now has a DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
These time capsule activities are perfect for All About Me activities at the beginning of the year, the end of the year, or New Year's Eve activities, as it provides everything you need for a snapshot of your student's lives!
This Time Capsule product contains the following items:
- How to Use this Packet
- Covers- Time Capsule and All About Me
- The Basics
- Snapshot of the U.S.A.
- This is Me! (Boy and Girl Version)
- My Family
- Best and Worst Thing
- Things I Love
- My Future
- This is How I Feel
- A Typical Saturday
- Filling My Brain
- The Size of My Hand
- The Size of My Foot
- World News
- A Letter to Myself
- A Letter to a Loved One
- Newspaper Article
- That’s Funny!
- Ten Adjectives
- Being a Kid
These are few ideas that are included as part of the packet:
1. Use this packet as a beginning of the year or end of the year ALL ABOUT ME or TIME CAPSULE unit.
- Each student can make a book and use the ALL ABOUT ME or TIME CAPSULE cover.
- Pick and choose which pages to use at different times during the year.
- Use the worksheets at literacy stations as they fit into your lessons.
- Use the completed booklet as Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts from students.
2. Use this packet as a TIME CAPSULE activity.
- Each student can make a book and use the TIME CAPSULE cover.
- Pick and choose which pages to use for the time capsule as a long-term activity.
- Roll up the pages and place them in a canister (Pringles canisters covered in paper work well) for a time capsule container.
- Establish the length of time students should wait to reopen their time capsule.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 3/25/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive--no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.