PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Middle school students learn to organize, plan and prioritize daily activities.
Help your students use time wisely. As this generation shifts into a more sophisticated and advanced lifestyle, having the ability to plan, measure, organize and prioritize daily activities is critical. Yet mastering this skill is challenging.
This project aims to improve middle schooler’s time management skills through a series of both independent and collaborative activities that focus on critical thinking, decision-making, and organizational abilities. Have your students realize the significance of applying effective time management skills in their day-to-day activities.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Activities to prepare for and conduct a debate
· Comprehensive debate flow outline
· Table templates on personalized scheduling and time management
· Evaluative questions and learning diagram for reflection
· Teacher Guide that includes helpful guidelines on classroom flow
Grade Level: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and homeschool
Duration: 4 days (4 hours)
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their own learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!