This lesson includes:
- 22 Activity Cards
- 96 Time Cards
- A Hands On Practice Story-- Frazzled Freddy
- "Where Did My Time Go?" Worksheet with Instructions
- An Answer Key for "Where Did My Time Go?" for the Practice Story
- Frazzled Freddy Activity Questions--YOUR DATA!
- "Your Turn" Worksheet-- They practice the skill they just learned. ALSO YOUR DATA!
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
And of course, if there is any questions, please email me!
The goal of this activity is to get the students to recognize patterns in their typical day when they are home from school, and how they can better improve their time management skills. In addition, they will be able to learn how to track how they use their time to increase, which increases their executive functioning skills.
They start of with an activity that involves partner work. One student reads the practice story while the other manipulates the activity and time cards according to what their partner is reading to them. The students then move on to the worksheet of how they track the activity and how long it is done.
When I have done time management activities in the past the students were bored when I just listed the items, and they did not take my lesson seriously if I left activities for their interpretation, so these cards are essential to keep them engaged. There is something about manipulating cards that keeps them focused!
If this lesson interests you, you may also like:
Check out my blog!: thezealouscounselor.com