Your students probably know about the U.S. atomic bombing of Hiroshima, Japan and the resignation of President Richard Nixon. This set of 31 one-minute "Time Rewind" audio programs covers those and many other historic events for each day throughout the month of August. Topics include:
• The signing of the Declaration of Independence (which did NOT happen on July 4, as many believe);
• Explorer Christopher Columbus sets sail for the New World;
• American athlete Jesse Owens triumphs at the Olympic Games in Berlin;
• Pop icon Marilyn Monroe dies;
• A French high-wire artist walks between the towers of New York's World Trade Center.
"Time Rewind" presents these and many other history highlights, plus classic moments in pop culture/entertainment, featuring such legendary acts as Groucho Marx, The Beatles, Stevie Wonder and Elton John.
"Time Rewind" programs may be used as follows:
• As-is in your school's daily announcements and/or on student-run radio stations;
• As research and editing material for AV/Media Arts/Broadcast Communications students either as a stand-alone project or in preparation for the program's inclusion in video announcements/broadcasts that the school may produce;
• In conjunction with History/Social Studies/ELA curriculum.
Learn about the many ways "Time Rewind" is opening young minds at schools across the U.S. by visiting our Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/timerewind) and YouTube (http://bit.ly/2d868kt) pages to view samples and teacher testimonials.
***NOTE: License covers use at an individual school campus. Multiple licenses must be purchased for use at additional school campuses.
"Time Rewind" scripts are available upon request at no extra charge.