Your students know about the devastating terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. This set of 30 one-minute "Time Rewind" audio programs covers that plus many other historic events for each day throughout the month of September. Topics include:
• The downing of a Korean airliner by a Soviet fighter jet that killed 269 people, including a U.S. congressman;
• The discovery of the wreck of the luxury liner Titanic;
• Japan's official surrender to the Allies, marking the end of World War II;
• The murder of 11 Israeli athletes by Palestinian terrorists at the Summer Olympic Games in Munich, Germany;
• The decision by President Abraham Lincoln to issue a preliminary Emancipation Proclamation;
• The first televised presidential debate, pitting Democratic Massachusetts Senator John F. Kennedy against Republican Vice President Richard Nixon.
"Time Rewind" presents these and many other history highlights, plus classic moments in pop culture/entertainment, featuring chart-topping acts like Paula Abdul, Diana Ross, Louis Armstrong, Eric Clapton and David Bowie.
"Time Rewind" programs may be used as follows:
• As-is in your school's daily announcements and/or on student-run radio stations;
• As research and editing material for AV/Media Arts/Broadcast Communications students either as a stand-alone project or in preparation for the program's inclusion in video announcements/broadcasts that the school may produce;
• In conjunction with History/Social Studies/ELA curriculum.
Learn about the many ways "Time Rewind" is opening young minds at schools across the U.S. by visiting our Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/timerewind) and YouTube (http://bit.ly/2d868kt) pages to view samples and teacher testimonials.
***NOTE: License covers use at an individual school campus. Multiple licenses must be purchased for use at additional school campuses.
"Time Rewind" scripts are available upon request at no extra charge.