Also included in
- Save 30% by buying this as a bundle instead of as individual products!! This huge 2,028 page set is just what you need to plan your Second and Third Grade lessons! This comprehensive set covers the concepts of do, re, low la, low sol, half note, tika-tika, ti-tika, and tika-ti, and can also be used$150.15$214.50Save $64.35
Need strategies to teach 4-beat meter, or 4/4 time signature? This 102-page product includes the following:
*Songs/chants to teach 4-beat meter (Old Brass Wagon, Diddle Diddle Dumpling, 2468, Boots of Shining Leather, I've been to Haarlem)--includes game/activity directions for all)
* 35-minute Lesson for presenting 4-beat meter
* Rhythm manipulatives for writing rhythms in 4-beat meter
* Puzzle Piece composition activity
*Banana Split composition activity
* SMART Notebook strong beat file for "2468"--students color in the strong beats with the SMART board pen
* Rhythm flashcards for 4-beat meter (4 different versions, including one set labeled 4-beat meter with barlines and no double barline, one labeled 4-beat meter with barlines and double barline, one set labeled 4/4 with barlines and no double barline, and one labeled 4/4 with barlines and double barline.) Each page comes with two flashcards, which can be printed onto cardstock, cut into two (on the solid line), and laminated for frequent use. Each flashcard set comes with 10 rhythmic patterns. (I included sets without the double barline in case you wanted to combine rhythm cards for longer rhythmic reading.)
* Strategies for teaching 4-beat meter, which includes both preparation and practice activities, as well as Dalcroze-inspired tennis ball activities
* 4-beat meter glyph worksheet: Students create two measures of rhythm based off their likes. Great for following directions and tracking measures!
* 4-beat meter pre-test, post-test, and answer key
* "Be a composer" 4-beat meter worksheet: Students cut out measures of 4 beats of rhythm and arrange however they want
* SMART Board File: "2468" disappearing measure--click on whichever measure you want and watch it disappear! Students have to inner speak the missing measure. Great for inner hearing and tracking measures!
* 4-beat meter Anchor Charts: Labels common meter terms. Can be printed out in color and/or made into posters to hang in the room.
* How to conduct in 4-beat meter: Fun, colorful visuals for learning how to conduct! Reviews how to conduct in 2-beat meter, and shows how to conduct in 4-beat meter with one hand and with both hands
* Cup game directions for "I've been to Haarlem"
Prior knowledge: Prior to using this set, students should know ta, ti-ti, rest, tika-tika, half note, sol, mi, la, re, and do. Although the songs are chosen for 3rd graders, many of the activities can be used with older students learning meter as well.
Check out these sets:
Thanks for looking! You can check out my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.