Time Unit Plan: Telling time. Through this unit, students will be able to understand how to tell time to the hour, half-hour, and quarter-hour. They will demonstrate telling time and applying appropriate vocabulary to their daily activities. They will apply the skill of telling time in the classroom, at school, and at home. This unit is an integrated unit: the first two lessons are vocabulary lessons introducing the related vocabulary. The remaining three lessons are math lessons. At the end of the unit, students will be able to:
- Express the time at half hour to five minute intervals
- Convert time from analog to digital time
- Calculate elapsed time
- Understand time periods and time relationships
This is my PDF version.
Students need to learn to tell the time as a part of daily life. This knowledge is important for being on time, understanding schedules and timetables, and being able to read both analog and digital clocks. Worksheets, home work, and a board game are included.
I’d be so happy if you followed my TpT Store. Just click on the green ‘Follow Me’ button next to my picture at the top of this page. When you follow me, you get:
- notified whenever I have a sale
- notified of free items and new items (new items are always 50% off for the first three days of release)
Nyla's Crafty Teaching