Are you teaching quarter past or quarter to time? Are your students working toward reading time to the nearest five minute intervals? Then this product is perfect for your time math lessons or time math centers!
*NOTE - This activity has the digital overlay tool option (TpT Easel). Text boxes have been added to the applicable pages!
This no prep packet is a selection of time worksheets and assessments. It is designed for 2nd grade. NOTE: It can still be used in other year levels (is very suitable for 1st and 3rd).
- It’s a HUGE time saver – simply print and go!
- It’s versatile – students in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade could try these activities, depending on their capabilities
- It’s Common Core aligned to the 2nd grade standard (CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.C.7: Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m).
- Each page specifies what is covered (e.g. 'quarter past times').
- It covers every type of time (write the words, write the digital time, read the words, read the digital time).
- Assessment is included!
- Tell the Time #1: Quarter Past Times (Write the Words)
- Tell the Time #2: Quarter Past Times (Read the Words)
- Tell the Time #3: Quarter Past Times (Write the Digital Time)
- Tell the Time #4: Quarter Past Times (Read the Digital Time)
- Tell the Time #5: Quarter To Times (Write the Words)
- Tell the Time #6: Quarter To Times (Read the Words)
- Tell the Time #7: Quarter To Times (Write the Digital Time)
- Tell the Time #8: Quarter To Times (Read the Digital Time)
- Assessment 1: Quarter Past Times (Read & Write Words & Digital)
- Assessment 2: Quarter To Times (Read & Write Words & Digital)
- Assessment 3: Quarter Past & To Times (Read & Write Words & Digital)
- Assessment 4: Hour, Half Hour, Quarter Past & To Times (Read & Write Words & Digital)
Whenever I teach time, it brings out an obsessive need in me to cover all bases! I used to spend hours searching the internet for every element of telling time that I wanted to cover (read digital, write digital, read analog, write analog, read time in words for quarter past etc). So I created this product so it's all in one place! I also used to really struggle to find a single page of assessment that covered all the areas. So enjoy!
- Whole group math lessons for teaching time
- Small group work (math centers)
- Independent telling time practice
- Morning work
- Early finishers
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)
Are some of your students still stuck on hour/half hour times? Check this out: