Time to Measure
Young children love to explore and investigate the shapes and sizes of the manipulatives and toys all around them! This fun math printable combines the love of toys and manipulatives with the hands on skill of measuring with non-standard measurement tools (cubes).
You will need:
• A basket of toys and manipulatives.
• Crayons, to draw their toy or manipulative
• 1 inch cubes in baggies to measure (10 cubes per bag)
• Sing the Measurement song included in this purchase.
• Each child selects one object.
• Draw the selected object in the space marked draw.
• Next, the student guesses how many cubes long the object
might be and records their guess in the space marked guess.
• Last the student uses cubes to measure the object and
records how long the object is in the box marked measure.
• Students can use the counting frame at the bottom of the
printable to remind them of how to write each number needed
Included in this purchase are a color and black and white copy of the printable, and song lyrics to the song Time to Measure. Children will have a ball measuring their favorite toys while mastering a basic math skill! Happy Measuring!
Stop by my store for more Hands on fun!
Like me on Facebook -TakeOutTeacher