This is a unit about timelines, it includes understanding a timeline, writing an article about a timeline, but also choosing an historic invention and creating a timeline about it. it includes many many links, tutorial for the website in which students create a timeline, and many other links.
Students should get a copy of this file.
This is a power point converted into a PDF, it acts the same, all the links work, its simply more esthetic than a ppt. You can present it on a smartboard and students can interact with it perfectly.
Here are some parts of this wonderful unit:
Choosing an Invention
1. Choose one historic invention from the links below.
2. Read about it and summarize the main historic points and dates in your notebook. (links to short articles giving written timelines about famous inventions).
Create a Timeline using: timetoast.com
Watch the tutorial on the following link. (link to a tutorial I've made)
Your are a journalist!
1. Download a newspaper template from the following link.
1. Choose one timeline from the following historic events on the next page.
2. Write an article for your newspaper describing this historic event in your own words.
3. Paste the article you wrote inside one or two slides from your newspaper template.
4. Save it as a jpeg.
Here: actual various interactive and beautiful timelines found on the web).
View my other listings at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/English-And-Esl-Digital-Resources