This is a great activity to get students up and out of their seats!
This Kit includes everything you need! Different timelines and worksheets for United States, Canada, and Mexico. It even has a blank set of cards if you want to create your own version!
-Step By Step Set Up Instructions with Pictures
-Coordinates Key and Teacher Key
-3 Timelines (United States, Mexico, Canada)
-3 Worksheets (United States, Mexico, Canada)
-42 Scavenger Hunt Cards
-An "At Your Seat" Version of the Activity
1.Place the cards in envelopes labeled with the coordinate or city listed on the card.
2. Hang the envelopes around the room. Make them as easy or challenging to find as you wish.
3. Break students into groups and give each group a timeline to work with. Each student should also get the worksheet for that timeline. (Either U.S., Canada, or Mexico)
4. On the timeline if a city is listed students are to find the latitude and longitude of that city and locate the envelope labeled with those coordinates. If a latitude and longitude is given they are to find the city located at those coordinates and find an envelope labeled with that city.
5. The event in that envelope will be listed on their worksheet. They should find it and write the date from the timeline next to it.
6. Students will complete this process until they have located every event for their timeline.
7. Once students are finished the end product is up to you! I had my students make posters of their timeline filling in the events they had found. You could also have a member from each country meet with other countries and share their findings, whatever is best for your students!