This print-and-go resource, "Timelines Using BC and AD," helps students learn how to read, measure, and sequence time. Printables can be used for independent, paired, and whole class instruction.
"Timelines Using BC and AD" includes:
* Kid-friendly wording and formatting,
* Introduction using simple 4-event timeline covering two decades,
* Common time vocabulary including decade, century, millennium, and epoch,
* Explanation and practice figuring out years elapsed between two dates on a timeline,
* Engaging set of practice dates-- first evidence of forks, kites, chocolate, etc.,
* Review of timeline conventions-- absence of commas for years under 9999 BC/AD, arrows at both ends of line, how it differs from a number line-- no zero, etc.,
* Practice using and making timelines,
* Suggestions for instruction/grading included on answer keys,
* Post assessment-- ten (10) question review/quiz, and
* Easy-to-read, full-page answer keys.
BONUS: Also included is a supplement, "Teaching Challenging Reading Content Across the Curriculum," which contains 19 no-prep teaching strategies. Using these ideas you'll see how easy it is to adapt these lessons for use with whole-group, small group, student pairs, or independent student work.
Download and use this resource the same day! This resource makes the complex task of reading and understanding historical content easy-to-teach and easy for your students to learn.
You owe it to yourself to check out this resource!
You might also like this companion resource to provide additional practice working with timelines. Students apply their new skills by reading a selection, and then reviewing timeline conventions and creating a representative timeline.
How Calendars Began: Print-and Go~ Read, Review, and Apply Timeline Skills.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my products. If you like what you see and find it useful, PLEASE come back and leave me feedback. It would be greatly appreciated!
Follow me on Lessons4Now Facebook
Follow me on Lessons4Now Pinterest
Follow me on Lessons4Now Blog