TIMELINES OF CHICAGO HISTORY is a multi-faceted unit that can be used in a variety of ways and with a variety of students. It has been broken down into 4 time periods: Before 1870, 1870 to 1900, 1900 to 1950, and 1950 to Present.
Pair with *CHICAGO HISTORICAL CREATIONS* and *CHICAGO HISTORY MAKERS* !!!
1) Booklets: 10 items per period, each including a picture and description.
2) Timelines: 2 for each period, 1 completed and 1 blank.
3) Puzzles: 1 for each period.
4) Culmination Activities: including a chart and 4 other sheets to be used for students, applicable to any of the periods.
5) Answer Keys: for the puzzles, and suggested answers for the chart.
The individual items chosen for the timeline were selected based on importance to history and creating a balance of to keep the interest of students. Where disasters are included, an effort has been made to keep them as inoffensive as possible.
I have included so many pages because it leaves it open to adaptations for ability and age of student groups, as well as the amount of time to devote to the unit and whether you want to assign homework or group activities.