A PowerPoint based timer that can be used for any number of classroom activities! This 20-minute time keeper can be used to keep track of time spent during centers, small group, reading circles, daily warm-up/D.O.L., mini-lessons, etc.
**Includes a timer (up to 20 minutes), directions that can be customized, and a "Time's Up!" alarm.**
1. Open the PowerPoint on your SMART board, Mimio, Interwrite, PolyVision, (any interactive whiteboard will work!) or your desktop computer.
2. Select "Slide Show" in order to run the timer from the first slide.
3. When you are ready to begin your activity, simply click to the second slide.
4. The timer will begin automatically, and will count down from twenty minutes, showing the time lapse on the board.
5. At the end of the twenty minutes, a whistle will sound to remind everyone that time is up! The board will also direct students to move quietly to their next center/activity.
This timer can be used for any length of time, from one minute to twenty minutes! To adjust the length of the timer, simply click through the PowerPoint to start on the slide that lists the number of minutes you need.
The directions included with the timer are completely customizable - change the directions and titles for the slides to fit your needs!
This is a wonderful tool that I use in my own classroom; it helps to keep track of the time spent on a variety of activities. I have used it for centers (I just restart the timer each time the students move to their next center), and as a timer for journal writing and daily warm-ups.
I hope this works for you as well as it has for me!