The holidays are the perfect time to teach or review graphing. This unit includes seven vocabulary posters and seven classroom graphing activities (two of which would be perfect to add to your holiday math centers) that will get your students in the holiday spirit. The five classroom graphing activities include writing paper to allow students to interpret their data through writing. Here is a look at what is included in the pack.
1. How do you eat a gingerbread man? A great connection to one of my favorite holiday stories!
2. Our Favorite Reindeer (Also included in my Run, Run Rudolph Unit): Your students will love this activity as they truly get to know all of Santa's famous reindeer.
3. How do you like Polar Express hot chocolate? Take an imaginary ride on the Polar Express and graph how your like hot chocolate best!
4. What will Santa do now? (Literature Connection) During this graphing activity, the students will predict what Santa will do on his vacation time after the holidays.
5. Our Favorite Holiday Song: Prior to this activity, the students will enjoy a little caroling in the classroom. Then, they will select their favorite holiday tune and graph the results.
6. Decorate the Tree (Center Activity): The students will draw Christmas decorations out of a bag and graph the results. Then, they will design their very own tree.
7. Will this Christmas be white? (Center Activity): The students will drop a double sided tree. They will graph their results to predict if we will have a white Christmas this year!
If you have any questions about this unit, please let me know!