Titanic Activity Pack
1. Titanic History and Quiz
The student will be able to explain about the RMS Titanic and why it’s sinking was an important historical event.
37 questions within 92 slides: excellent pictures and sources to engage and motivate pupil’s study of the History of the RMS Titanic. Can easily be edited as required.
Extra notes/info given in the PP notes section.
This is an excellent activity/game/plenary to further improve student’s work and knowledge.
I split the class into two teams (in one class I have girls against boys but in another class I have just divided the room down the middle) and when we play the game each side decides on a volunteer to come to the front, facing the class so they can’t see the board (one team at a time).
A word is shown on the IWB and each time the word is answered correctly I display another.
This works really well but it is important to set some ground rules such as not using words that rhyme with the word on display. I’ve yet to come across a class who doesn’t like the concept.
Works brilliantly in pairs also - 1 student turns their back to the IWB.
Student sits at front with back to board. Words are displayed behind him/her. Rest of class has to describe word to student - see how many he/she gets in 1 min. Can be reversed so that student can see the words and has to describe them to the class.
2. The Titanic – Only Known Black Passenger
Joseph Philippe Lemercier Laroche (26 May 1886 – 15 April 1912) was a Paris-educated Haitian engineer. He was the only passenger of known African ancestry on the ill-fated voyage of the RMS Titanic.
I have often been asked by my students if there were any black people aboard.
Useful info attached.
3. Titanic Internet Research Question Sheet for Students - Research questions for Web research on RMS Titanic and teachers copy of the more probable answers.
4. RMS Titanic Crossword
18 questions - great for review or research
5. Titanic Word Search
6. Escape the Titanic Maze Puzzle
7. RMS Titanic CQD Distress Signal Puzzle Activity
8. What was the Titanic Cloze Activity
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of any future purchases. I value your feedback as it helps me plan which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store. Thank you and enjoy using the product!