This Titanic collaborative poster is an engaging coloring activity for the whole class ! Just print the images and let your students color and assemble them : you will get an awesome and unique poster to display in the classroom, featuring this legendary ship.
Just give one or two images per student and let them choose their favorite pencils or felt pens for this coloring activity. Once all the pictures are all colored, they assemble them carefully to get a giant poster. Remember to have a look at your students’ faces : you will notice how proud they are of their own creation every time they step into the classroom.
If you want to learn more, please read our blog article (in French): , in which every step is clearly detailed and illustrated.
This Titanic collaborative poster features key facts about the Royal Mail Ship :
- The route the ship was supposed to take, from Southampton, England to New York, USA, with two stops in between (Cherbourg, France and Queenstown, Ireland)
- The date the Titanic sank : April 15th 1912
- First class and third class passengers
- The liner itself
- A mark symbolizing the place the Titanic hit an iceberg
- A first class ticket
- The Titanic bell
At the bottom of the poster is a text box. Choose whether you want that box already filled in or blank.
- If you choose the blank text box option, students will be able to write down everything they learned during their study of the event.
- If you choose the other option, here is the text that is already printed:
≈ 2,230 passengers and crew
20 lifeboats (instead of 32)
≈ 1,510 people died – ≈ 713 survivors
Time to sink : 2 hours and 40 minutes
Water temperature: -2°C / 28°F
Please note that the number of passengers and crew members may vary according to the sources and the different websites. Students may be confused so you may want to choose the blank text box version in that case.
: with all this information, students will be able to speak or write about what happened to the ship. In this resource, you will get a fillable pdf for your students to write about what happened to the Titanic.
- color code written on each image : a color recap worksheet will prepare the students for this coloring activity
- no color code : let your students express their creativity
- an already colored version of the poster : all you need to do is assemble the poster and display it in the classroom. Note that colors may vary from the one indicated on the version #1 of the poster.
Bonus: you will get a coloring page of this Titanic collaborative poster (both with and without the already filled-in text box)
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this !
You can also follow me on FaceBook or on !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. Please read TOU included in the file.