The Titanic is one of the most famous ships ever and chances are if you are here it means you are probably looking for a way to teach your students all about Titanic. This digital and printable mega bundle is an interactive and educational way to teach students all about the Titanic. It covers not only the history but also includes tons of math and ELA activities. Using reading passages, games, boarding passes, Titanic-themed math printables, ideas for the classroom and so much more, students will learn all about the ill-fated ship.
Please read the descriptions as to what is included as some pages may need to be omitted/altered depending on the grade-level.
This resource now includes digital options using Google slides for many portions!
★ means this is available digitally as well!
Included in this unit is:
This unit has been massively updated and added to!
- Ideas for the classroom
- Recommended resources
- Recommended books
►KWL Chart Options
- KWL Chart ★
- KWL lifejacket
- KWL Flip book
►Titanic Passages and Comprehension (Available individually here)
- 12 reading passages ★
- 8 reading comprehension pages★
- Titanic comprehension game with 56 game cards. (Now comes in black and white or color).
- The Poop Deck...and Other Words to Know: dictionary skills for words to know. ★
- Sea Terms: More dictionary use for learning new Titanic related words.
- Carpathia Context Clues: read the passage an use context clues to find the meaning of the word.★
- Who Was At Fault opinion writing. ★
- History or Stealing opinion writing★
- Letter to a friend ★
- 2 postcards ★
- Compare the Classes Venn Diagram ★
►Titanic Math (Available individually here)
- Eating on Board: use the diagram to answer questions about the food aboard. Requires rounding, repeated addition, or multiplication. ★
- Morse Code: solve each 4 digit addition or subtraction problem with regrouping to solve the riddle. ★
- Cafe Parisien: solve word problems by using repeated addition or multiplication to see how much passengers spent.★
- Crew Wages: use whatever skills acceptable to convert British pounds to USD. ★ Titanic Word Problems: solve the word problems that involve a variety of concepts.★
- Estimation Excursion: using the estimation word problems and map, students will estimate and find the actual answer. ★
- Cargo Computations: Convert pounds into tons and vice versa. ★
- CQD Code: Solve the 2 digit multiplication problems to solve the riddle. ★
- ANSWER KEY REFERENCE GUIDE
- Titanic Tribune: write an article about the ship or sinking. ★
- Create an ad for the ship ★
- My Ship of Dreams: create your ultimate dream ship ★
- Dream ship Brochure
- Menus (now in color or steps to stain to made vintage)! ★
►Passenger Pack (Available individually here)
- 32 Boarding passes ★
- 32 Luggage Tags
- Passenger info sheet ★
- Suitcase activity ★
- Diary entry ★
►Task Cards (Available individually here)
- 72 research task cards
⭐Follow Me!⭐ By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller, but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!