When we did this unit, my students couldn't get enough of the Titanic. The facts, the size, and the story were just a few topics that captivated them. The biggest ship in the world at the time sank five days after leaving Southampton, England. Only approximately 700 people from about 1,500 passengers survived.
This unit challenges students to learn about an incredible part of our history and to do it in Spanish. It is also our hope that your students can learn from one of the worst maritime tragedies in human history.
Our world needs to learn and practice more values such as being humble, more cautious, be respectful, believe in equality, help each other, consider different perspectives, learn from mistakes and learn from and about leadership.
In this packet you will find:
- Reading passage about the Titanic
- Mapping activity
- Ship labeling activity
- Timeline of the final day on board
- Titanic Passenger Research Activity
- “Sopa de letras” Word Search Activity
- Message in a Bottle Writing Activity
- “Crucigrama” Cross Word
- List of Provisions and Menu Creating Activity
- Movie/Documentary Review Sheet
- Art activity that will keepsake your students work for years to come
We hope you enjoy this unit as much as we did!