Titanic Unit is an interactive and educational way to teach students about the Titanic. Using reading passages, games, boarding passes, Titanic themed math printables, ideas for the classroom and so much more, they will learn about the ill fated ship. Please read the descriptions as to what is included as some pages may need to be omitted/altered depending on the grade level.
Included in this unit is:
• Ideas for the classroom
• Recommended resources
• Titanic KWL chart
• 12 full paged reading passages to be used in correlation with the game included.
• “The Poop Deck..and Other Words to Know”: use dictionary skills to find the meaning of new words.
• Sea Terms: using a makeshift spinner, locate even more sea terms in the dictionary.
• Who Was At Fault?: an opinion writing page.
• History or Stealing?: an opinion writing page.
• "Dear… ": A letter writing activity
• Compare and Contrast the Classes
• Eating On Board: a math sheet that will have students using multiplication and long division.
• Morse Code: students will solve two 4 digit addition problems to solve the code.
• Café Parisien: using money concepts, students will find the total for each passenger’s meal.
• Lifeboat Math: Using a chart of all the lifeboats, the will answer word problems using addition, subtraction and one fraction.
• Crew Wages: using multiplication, students will convert what crew members made into US dollars.
• Titanic Word Problems: using addition, subtraction and multiplication, students will solve word problems.
• Titanic Tribune: students will create their own newspaper article about the sinking.
• The “Unsinkable” Ship: students will create a print ad for the ship.
• My Ship of Dreams: students will write and draw what their dream ship would be like. Then they will create a brochure for their ship. *Print double sided!*
• Titanic Timeline: students will fill out either the missing dates or events that occurred for 5 major events.
• Menus: students will design their own menus for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class. There are instructions on how to create these to be more authentic, as well as how to further the lesson.
• 32 boarding passes! There 8 boarding passes for each of the classes as well as crew members. Students will do research to fill out their boarding passes. Also included is a quick passenger find for teachers, recommend sites, slips of passengers names for random selection and 1 page of blank boarding passes.
• Passenger Facts: an additional page for students to fill out information on their passenger.
• 32 luggage tags to correlate with each of the names on the boarding passes.
• A suitcase writing template where students will write what they think their passenger would have brought on the ship.
If you have any questions or comments please leave me feedback or contact me via the contact form on my blog Caffeinated and Creative
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition for your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller, but as a buyer YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given!