Every year I struggle to find new ways to approach old classics. Here we go!
I love the interactive reader and have worked to create my own with questions in the margin.
This packet includes the following:
1. To Build a Fire Vocabulary with Flashcard Directions
2. Intro PowerPoint with (a) discussion on luck, instinct, and fate (b) notes/background on author Jack London (c) notes on conflict, focusing on setting as conflict
3. Tone and Mood Notes in PowerPoint
4. To Build a Fire Interactive Reader (Has 15 multi-part questions in the margin as well as a few follow up questions) - Focus is Setting as Conflict and Tone
5. Mood Chart - Gathering and citing quotes and explaining what mood it creates
6. Conflict Chart - Listing decisions the man makes and how it intensifies the conflict
7. To Build a Fire Assessment (11 multiple choice and 2 short answer)
8. Assessment Key