THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. But here’s the catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word might begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
OTHER HIGH SCHOOL EDITIONS OF WORD MERGES!
* Animal Farm
* The Catcher in the Rye
* A Christmas Carol
* The Grapes of Wrath
* Of Mice and Men
* The Pearl
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Time Machine
* The War of the Worlds
More unique products over To Kill a Mockingbird—view all 14 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD edition: A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 300 questions!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 50-Word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with the To Kill A Mockingbird edition of Bookmarks Plus and the To Kill a Mockingbird Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with the To Kill A Mockingbird edition of Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students must decode 10 lists of categorized words from the book! 10 Categories: The Trial; Scout’s First Day; Miss Maudie; Ad Astra Per Aspera; Atticus; Scout; Jem; Dill; Maycomb; Missionary Society. Who doesn’t love a code?
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 10 Word Searches Based on the Book! 10 categories: Jem Learns the Meaning of Courage; The World of Boo Radley; Ol’ One Shot; Scout Becomes a Lady; What Characters!; At the Jailhouse; Their Longest Journey; In the Radleys’ Back Yard; Scout’s First Day at School; The Trail of Tom Robinson
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the theme of the book!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords Students provide synonyms for new words from the story. A great way to learn vocabulary! Good extra credit activity!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 2 Identifying Characters by Quotations Crosswords Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling skills to solve these fun puzzles!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 4 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Unique! Great objective test reviews!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: Figurative Language Crossword Students must use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 10 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations! Students decode 10 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “word” becomes two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!