Enjoy this MASSIVE bundle of beautifully designed materials that will take your class through FIVE FULL WEEKS OF LESSONS covering Harper Lee’s classic American novel, To Kill a Mockingbird. Everything you’ll need is here; just add a class set of To Kill a Mockingbird novels and you’re good to go.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle) (4-page PDF)
• An introductory lesson focusing on Lee’s technique of using an Unreliable Narrator; lesson includes an in-class creative writing task (47 slides)
• An introductory lesson focusing on the “N-word” and its use in the novel (3-page PDF, 2-slide Powerpoint)
• A dynamic, multimedia lecture to introduce important character, historical, and theme elements of To Kill a Mockingbird; includes quickwrite topic/discussion starter (32 slides with video clip)
• One-Question Quizzers for To Kill a Mockingbird to hold students accountable for nightly reading assignments. A quick and easy way for you to tell who is (or isn’t) completing nightly reading. (8-page PDF, key included)
• Study guide/homework/group discussion questions for all 31 chapters of To Kill a Mockingbird with detailed answer keys. (31-page PDF)
• Close reading worksheets featuring slices of text from ch. 2, ch. 9, ch. 15, and ch. 23; these four separate lessons come with detailed examples of completed worksheets to serve as models of proper annotation and discussion starters. (8-page PDF)
• Cross-curricular lesson using math and problem-solving skills in the Day in the Life of the Working Poor activity. (1-page PDF)
• Character Cell Phone activity that encourages students to use today’s popular technology as a characterization tool (2-page PDF, key included)
• Scout Finch: Courtroom Reporter activity to use with ch. 16-17. A high-interest activity that will require students to dig back into the text to chart Scout’s descriptions of the Maycomb court house and early trial action. (2-page PDF, key included)
• Word! Worksheet, a vocabulary-building activity that can work with any chapter in this novel or any piece of text you use in any of your classes. A universal vocabulary-building tool. (2-page PDF, key included)
• A Police Report writing and sketch activity to reinforce real-world language skills. This worksheet can be reused with many other short stories, plays, and novels. (1-page PDF)
• Non-fiction reading and writing activity connecting the real-life case of the Scottsboro Boys to Tom Robinson (4-page PDF, key included)
• Creative writing Blackout Poetry lesson (27 slides)
• Timeline Review Game/Worksheet charting 22 events in the novel along a 1933-1935 timeline (3-page PDF, key included)
• Flyswatter Review Game; lots of loud and active fun with this review game featuring 45 character, plot, and quote identification questions (25-page PDF, key included)
• 50-question end-of-unit exam (character matching, true/false, and quote identification) with answer key (4-page PDF)
• Essay topic sheet featuring five options that will all require mastery of text, research of real-life connections, and depth of thought in students’ analysis (1-page PDF)
A total of 99 pages and 108 slides of rich content! Tons of material to keep your students entertained and enriched.
Note: Most of these items (the Unreliable Narrator lecture, the “N-word” lesson, the novel’s intro. lecture, the one-question quizzers, the study guide/homework/group discussion questions, the close readings, cross-curricular Day in the Life of Working Poor math lesson, the Character Cell Phone worksheet, Police Report worksheet, Word! vocabulary builder, non-fiction Scottsboro Boys lesson, Blackout Poetry, and Timeline review game/worksheet) are sold separately at my store, but you’ll SAVE 26 PERCENT by buying this budget-priced collection of complete materials. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this cost-saving bundle. The other items (the calendar, Scout Finch: Courtroom Reporter activity, Flyswatter Review Game, 50-question exam, and essay topics) are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle, creating EVEN MORE VALUE for you.
Click HERE to take a closer look at any individual products from my full To Kill a Mockingbird catalog.
Thanks for stopping by!