This "To Kill a Mockingbird" Group Research Project is aligned with the common core standards and requires students to work together to create a research project. The final project includes a five paragraph research paper written and cited in MLA format and a PowerPoint presentation that is presented to class.
This To Kill a Mockingbird group research project is a great introduction to the 1930s and life in the South before students read the novel. This project is also a great extension activity during or after students finish the novel.
This download includes:
- The research project assignment (PDF)
- Research topics and websites for students to visit (PDF)
- Group member evaluation forms (PDF)
- Teacher rubric with customizable point values (PDF)
- Editable example PowerPoint Template (PPT)
- UPDATE:Includes new handouts for Google Slides and Google Docs.