25 slides of background information to get students started on Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird".
Meant as an introductory slideshow, without spoilers for students, it includes:
* Background on Harper Lee
* Info on the novel, awards, prizes, etc.
* Info on the setting of the novel
* Major Themes that show up in the novel (with definition of literary device)
* Motifs in the novel (with some added explanation on how to identify, and what role they play)
* Symbols in the novel (and what they represent)
Many photos, pictures, etc. to help your students picture life in 1930's Alabama. Some online links included to great sites with photography from The Great Depression.
Images sourced in final slide.