To Kill a Mockingbird Lesson Guide and Powerpoints
This is a complete lesson pack for the novel “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee. This lesson pack contains pre-reading, during reading, and post-reading activities as well as corresponding Powerpoints designed to assist teachers in delivering the lessons.
These activities were created using “Dynamic Design” – a curriculum development model that incorporates multiple layers of scaffolding for the same assignment, allowing teachers to conveniently meet the various needs of diverse students. For example, chapter-by-chapter questions are provided in three forms:
Form A – designed for students of grade-level ability
Form B – designed for English Learners or students of below grade-level ability
Form C – designed for Special Needs, English Learners, or students of below grade-level ability
All three forms have the same questions and are similar in appearance, though Form B incorporates sentence starters and reference page numbers, while Form C adds additional “hint” questions. Teachers can distribute the most appropriate forms to different students and deliver the same assignment to the class.
Please download the free preview!
The complete contents of the lesson guide include over 400 pages of content and detailed instructions organized as:
1. Survey Your Peers
2. Four Corners
3. KWL Chart
1. Chapter 1-31: Reading Check Quizzes with Key
2. Chapter 1-31: Prereading Vocabulary
3. Chapter 1-31: Text Analysis Chapter Questions with Key – Forms A, B, and C
4. Chapter 1-31: Quote Analysis Chapter Handouts with Key – Forms A, B, and C
5. Chapter 1-31: “What Do You Do?” Quickwrites
Powerpoint Follow-along Guide for chapter activities:
1. Chapter summaries
2. Prereading vocabulary with definitions and examples
3. Text analysis follow-along with sentence starters, answer hints, and answer display
5. Quote analysis
Literary Element Logs:
1. Characterization Log
2. Symbolism Log
3. Theme Log
End of Unit Activities:
1. Literary Essay with Rubric – Forms A and B
2. Research Essay with Rubric - Forms A and B
3. Character Journal with Rubric
4. Social Media Project with Rubric
5. Symbolism and Theme Presentation with Rubric
This lesson pack includes answer keys and rubrics for all applicable activities.
I hope that this saves you some time! If you like this unit, please check out some of my other materials here:
Would you like to request another novel plan with similar activities? Leave a comment!
To Kill A Mockingbird Novel Guide
by Quality Teaching Products
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License