This lesson has always been a favorite among my students and is guaranteed fun.
OBJECTIVE: To analyze the role played by Martin Luther King in the modern-day civil rights movement.
TIME: 1 class period
(1) Give each student a copy of pages 138A - 138E.
(2) Choose three students to be Martin Luther King, Jr. Tell the three which one is the real King, but do not inform the other class members. It is NUMBER 2.
(3) Choose ten students to be panelists. They will each ask an assigned question. At the end of the game, these panelists and the other class members will vote for the person they think is the real Martin Luther King. At this point, the real one will be asked to step forward.
(4) When the voting is taking place, ask the students to give reasons for their choice.
(5) Assign the True/False questions.