Students will gain an understanding of the:
- different family structures and the diversity and cultural differences found within families;
- develop respect for others who come from different backgrounds than themselves;
- accept and celebrate differences in their classroom society as well as large societies;
- understand the roles and responsibilities of various family members;
- learn how family traditions and activities work together to build a strong cultural and family identity that strengthens family relationships;
- be able to recognize that strong families working together from within, help to create strong communities.
Children will develop and practice skills in reading and listening, vocabulary, phonics, language, research and math, all relating to the theme. 120 pages