This is a 36 page download (designed by a pediatric Occupational Therapist) that focuses on the building of fine motor skills. It introduces the basic strokes of handwriting and shapes in preparation for forming letters. The theme is best for back-to-school time in late summer/early fall, but can be used all year round as the focus is on school items.
This packet is great for 2, 3, 4 or even 5 year olds who are just beginning to learn how to write, draw, and color. Includes additional sheets specifically for lefties, as they tend to draw some prewriting strokes the opposite way.
• • • • • WHAT THEY WILL LEARN• • • • •
- Prewriting strokes
- Line down
- Line across (for lefties and righties)
- Cutting straight lines
• • • • • INCUDES • • • • •
5 pages - Tracing line down
8 pages - Tracing line across
2 pages - Tracing cross
3 pages - Tracing circle
6 pages - Tracing diagonals
2 pages - Tracing square
1 page - Tracing triangle
2 pages - Tracing X
4 pages - Tracing zig zags and curved lines
3 pages - Cutting straight and curved lines
• • • • • HOW TO USE • • • • •
Have your student trace the lines then practice making the given stroke. The emphasis is to develop stronger fine and visual motor skills to set the premise for beginning handwriting.
These worksheets will help to improve how your child or student makes strokes and lines while also strengthening the small, intrinsic muscles of the hands.
Note: Great for home use, classroom, or classroom centers use.
• • • • • HOW TO ASSEMBLE• • • • •
1. Purchase, download, and print this back to school prewriting worksheet packet
2. Put into a folder or three-ring binder
3. Insert the tracing pages into clear page protectors OR Laminate
4. Use kid-friendly, dry erase markers.
5. Wipe off and reuse
6. The last 3 pages for cutting will have to be used separately.
You also may print pages individually if you wish, but the above way will save paper and time.
• • • • • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ • • • • •
• Please read full description of the product before purchasing. There are no refunds or exchanges for our instant download digital products.
• Colors may differ depending on the device you use for viewing, color settings, printer and type of paper you choose.
All designs and layouts from Just Simply Mom are not to be duplicated or used for commercial use. You may use this file for your own PERSONAL/CLASSROOM USE ONLY. File sharing and distribution of this file or of the printed work from this file are prohibited. You are welcome to print as many copies as you like for yourself and your classroom. The designs can not be used for any commercial purpose or resold. To purchase additional licenses, choose 'purchase additional licenses at checkout or 'add additional licenses' .
• • • • • REVIEWS • • • • •
Don't forget to leave a review! Not only does it help me to create quality resources, but it allows TPT to give you credit that you can apply to other TPT purchases! Thank you!