Welcome to the Toddler Time Learning Activities for September. This book contains hands-on activities that are developmentally appropriate for children ages 18 to 36 months. The activities are designed to keep toddlers busy, interested, and ready to learn.
Each day in a toddler’s life is the beginning of a new adventure. Children this age are receptive to all sensory stimulation found in their surroundings -- they’re constantly investigating their environment by observing, touching, listening, smelling, and tasting.
In this book you’ll find ideas for language, cooking, large & small motor, manipulative, group, sensory, and seasonal activities.
Also provided are patterns for art and other activities to extend each day’s activities. Each theme consists of activity plans and linked games, pictures, art projects, and photographs that can be accessed by clicking on the activity name in the lesson plan pages.
All pages in the program can be printed and used as many times as needed, for any number of children, in classroom or home.
Getting to Know You Theme:
- Family note – photographs
- Letter collage
- My first day page
- Birthday crown – 2 versions
- Vocabulary card – birthday cake
- Vocabulary card – birthday cake (photo)
- Vocabulary card back - birthday cake
- Felt board rhyme and patterns
- Vocabulary card – apple
- Vocabulary card – apple (photo)
- Vocabulary card back - apple
- Art activity / apple
- Simple apple pie recipe
- Manipulative – apple patterns
- Family note – baby dolls
- Vocabulary card – baby
- Vocabulary card – baby (photo)
- Vocabulary card back - baby
- Nursery rhyme felt board activity
- Baby matching game