Viewers will learn:
• How holding objects while on the move opens new worlds of potential experiences.
• How the toddler uses sensory experiences to investigate the world.
• Why language begins with labeling and naming.
• Why peek-a-boo is really an experiment in person permanence.
• How the toddler learns not only to move in new ways, but to think in new ways as
• Temperament types such as easy-going, slow-to-warm- up and difficult.
• How the toddler’s desire for self-reliance and independence conflicts with the desire
to cling to a parent’s love and protection.
• The positive role of temper tantrums in emotional development.
• Why toddlers often seem selfish.