CHANCE is a token economy that is designed to reinforce appropriate behavior. This is, without a doubt, the single most EFFECTIVE tool I have ever used in the classroom! I've used it in many different types of classrooms and I can honestly say that this WORKS. This resource isn't just a token system..It's a comprehensive behavior management program that anyone can implement!
With this system, students are rewarded for positive choices and behavior. It differs from sticker charts and other token economies because there is no consequence for not earning tokens, no punishment, no contingency... just positive reinforcement. The catch is that the more CHANCES a student earns throughout the day, the better CHANCE they have at winning!
WHY USE THE CHANCE SYSTEM?
- CHANCE is a tried & true effective behavior modification system. It has proven to be extremely useful in my special education classrooms, although it would benefit ANY student in need of a more concrete approach to behavior management.
- CHANCE is highly motivating for low achievers because it provides occasions for success throughout the day with a potential prize at collection time. After all, even if a student struggles throughout the day, all they need is one CHANCE to win!
- CHANCE provides manageable goals by breaking the day into opportunities to earn tokens.
- You can use CHANCE to introduce students to the concept of earning and saving, an essential skill for life after school.
- The best part about CHANCE is that it’s inexpensive! Students earn CHANCE tickets for the opportunity to win another prize…instead of prizes throughout the day. CHANCE allows good behavior to be acknowledged in a concrete way without being expensive or even breaking the flow of the lesson.
This resource includes:
- Information about token economies, positive reinforcement, & behavior management
- Detailed instructions on how best to implement CHANCE in your classroom.
- Example target behaviors to focus on while using CHANCE
- Things to consider before setting up a token economy
- Tips on using CHANCE to complement your lessons without disturbing your classroom
- "Chance Challenge," an activity to reinforce your lesson concepts while providing bonus opportunities to win tokens
- CHANCE Champion poster and instructions
- Tips on how to begin fading CHANCE out once behavior has improved and student goals have changed
- CHANCE tokens in 4 different styles
If you're looking to implement a token economy but have found that sticker charts just aren't working, try CHANCE out! The whole system is all thought out and ready to go! CHANCE can completely change the atmosphere of your classroom. It is well worth the investment! You'll wish you started using it sooner!
You may also like my Morning Meeting/ Circle Time Money and Math Materials!
Check out my Months of the Year Fine Motor Activities!
You may also like my Days of the Week Daily Fine Motor Activities!