Token economies are an effective way to teach appropriate social skills, and to implement a structured positive behavioral intervention in your classroom. This token economy is great for middle school special education classes, but could be used for other grade levels depending on needs (please see preview to determine if this would be a good fit for your classroom).
Students benefit from immediate and specific praise for appropriate behavior. When used with a student store, students also work on valuable life skills- counting money, making purchases, deciding whether to spend or save, and more!
- Detailed suggestions for running an effective token economy
- Printable information sheet for support staff with specific strategies (to keep everyone on the same page)
- Modified ledger sheets (students count how much money they have, how much they have spent, and what their remaining balance is)
- Printable labels for quick store set up (includes prices ranging from $5 to $100)
- 7 Printable passes that can be used as prizes in the student store (free for you, and several can be edited for specific details)