The New Year is always a good time to review some values with our students. What happened in France makes it even more urgent.
Here's a powerpoint with 21 slides that can be used for an assembly or for work in different subject areas to enhance tolerance and respect.
- a starter to help students talk about the events in France
- an explanation of the events and of the reason why people over the world have supported Charlie Hebdo despite their controversial cartoons.
- a slide about religions and what they say about murder and killing
- 2 reflection slides about racial and religious stereotypes
- an introduction to important figures (Martin Luther King jr, Malala Yousafzai, the 14th Dalai Lama) who despite their religions and ethnical background changed the world for a better place.
- 4 challenges in groups to enhance tolerance and respect
- 1 reflection slide with videos
It should be useful for your students to understand that we must respect each other no matter what and that violence is never the answer.