THIS IS A WHOLE UNIT WORTH OF STUDENT WORK!!!
Here's what you'll get...
1. Essential Questions & Main Focus: Legacy
2. Author Exploration of MARK TWAIN, complete with links, quotes, a short biography, and photos for students to analyze.
3. A close/critical reading of an article that explains the SETTING, exploring the idea of steamboats, the Mississippi River, political climateof the Civil War, etc.
(links to videos, full articles included, quotes, etc)
4. CHARACTER CHART for EVERY character. Students use ADJECTIVES, TEXTUAL EVIDENCE, and SETTING ANALYSIS to assess each character.
5. LINK TO AUDIOBOOK WITH WORDS AND THE FULL DIGITAL TEXT OF THE NOVEL. Students love the audio version, which has specialized voices for each character as well as text written on the screen (captions).
6. Plot Analysis via comprehension questions, vocabulary analysis, written response questions
7. SHORT ESSAY QUESTIONS FOR...
Coming of Age/Maturity
Environmental Influences & Growing Up
Huck Finn vs Tom Sawyer Analysis
8. Students complete an OBITUARY for Tom Sawyer
9. Students assess Tom's Actions & Legacy
Nearly every single ELA CCSS standard is addressed.
THIS WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE SO MUCH EASIER!!!
You may also upload it as a google doc and have real-time updates as your students fill them out. OR you may print them and check them weekly.
This packet usually takes about 1 month to complete, as it has BEFORE READING, DURING READING, AND AFTER READING questions, activities, & analysis.