This vocabulary resource pack for The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain contains word lists, Interactive Notebook foldables, a Context Clues lesson, and vocabulary quizzes to help your students engage with and learn new words. You get your choice of word lists (have students find definitions, or definitions and the quote) and your choice of foldables (flaps or flash cards). For use with or without Interactive Notebooks.
What You Get:
1. Context Clues Lesson and PPT
2. Five vocabulary lists: You choose whether students find the definition (quote given) or the definition and quote.
3. Teacher's Lists
4. Five quizzes and answer keys with matching (definitions, antonyms, and/or synonyms) fill-in-the-blank, and student production (sentences with context clues)
5. ISN foldable #1: Vocabulary flaps with quotes - students can write definition, synonyms, antonyms, and new sentence
6. ISN foldable #2: Vocabulary flashcards with pockets - students can write definition, synonyms, and antonyms
7. Set-up and advice for Interactive Notebook spreads
This resource is included in my Tom Sawyer Unit for Interactive Notebooks!
Looking for other Tom Sawyer resources?
Tom Sawyer Satire Essay
- Students analyze instances of satire in the novel, using textual evidence to support their claims. Includes guidelines, rubrics (analytic and holistic), and brainstorming worksheet. You also get an editable .doc version.
Tom Sawyer Descriptive Essay
- Students compare/contrast a "model boy/girl" or "troublemaker" from Twain's time (as per Tom's description in the novel) to ours. Includes guidelines, rubrics (holistic and analytic), and brainstorming worksheet. Includes an editable .doc version.
- Students create a "scrapbook" from tic-tac-toe style prompts based on Bloom's Taxonomy. This includes a choice of nine creative and analytical tasks and two mandatory tasks.
Feedback & Followers
Did you know that you can receive credit
towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA