This resource has been updated on 7/28/16
I created this unit plan to help students understand tone and mood in texts and poems. At the time I created this unit, I taught inclusion English, grade 10. The lessons are appropriate for grades 6-10, and you can easily make adjustments in rigor. Differentiation options are offered within the lessons. You will receive a zip file containing a PDF version of my files, two Power Point presentations, and a few Word documents. There are over 50 pages of material that will help you teach tone and mood. The Finding Nemo lesson is also included in this resource and can also be purchased separately in my store. Click here:
Tone and Mood in Finding Nemo
This unit contains the following:
* teacher instructions page
* a two week lesson plan
* tone and mood character graphic organizer (Word Doc)
* tone and mood vocabulary terms #1 and #2
* tone and mood pre-assessment (I also give as post assessment) (Word Doc)
* tone and mood quiz
* tone and mood study guide
* tone and mood bell work/Power Point- 10 prompts and this is editable
* tone and mood in Finding Nemo video guide- 9 scenes
* tone and mood TOASTTT strategy for poems- Power Point
* tone and mood TOASTT strategy for "Nothing Gold Can Stay"
* tone and mood TOASTTT strategy modified- "The Road Not Taken"
* tone and mood textual evidence for The Monkey's Paw excerpt
* tone and mood handout (basics of Power Point for quick reference)
****Teacher keys for all activities
Thank you for your purchase!
Please be sure to leave me feedback for this resource and you will earn TPT credit for doing so. I would love to hear your positive comments! This is one of my top selling units in my store. Please email me and let me know if there is anything else you would like me include in this resource.
You can submit feedback at the time of purchase or go to My Purchases for a list of what you have bought in the past. Next to each title is a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a rating and comment to receive the credit. You can redeem your TPT credits at checkout. Also, if you follow me (click the green star), you will receive updates when I add new items to my store.
Thanks- you may also like the following items from my store:
Figurative Language Resource Bundle
Sub Plans To Go #1